Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Annual Dog Wash By VMRCVM Students - Sept 25 at Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine
Veterinary students enrolled in the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine will hold the biannual community dog wash on Saturday, September 25 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg. The first annual World Rabies Day event will be simultaneously occurring at the vet school with a variety of educational and entertaining activities in an effort t...o promote rabies awareness.
No appointments are necessary. The cost per dog wash is $10. For an additional $5, customers can have their dogs’ nails trimmed and ears cleaned.
The World Rabies Day event will be held from 10am-4pm and will include a 5k fun walk/run that will begin at 1p.m. on the cross-country course behind the vet school. Dogs are not only allowed, but encouraged! The race entry fee is $5 per human/dog team. Prizes will be awarded for winners, best costumes, and more!
- Educational presentations by the Virginia and Maryland Public Health Veterinarians
- Display and education on our local wildlife
- Variety of merchandise by veterinary clubs
- Food and drug company representatives
- Demonstrations and games for all ages
- Bake sale with dog treats
- Information on reduced cost vaccines
- Percentage of race entry fee along with donations will go to supporting our local animal shelters with free rabies vaccinations and financial aid
For all activities, dogs must be at least five months old, up to date with their vaccinations, and must be on a leash. For more information on the dog wash, please contact Kelly McConville at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on World Rabies Day, please visit http://www.worldrabiesday.org/